Sunday, May 31, 2009

Restful Weekend

This past weekend, I gave Peirce the greatest present I could. I took the two kids and went to visit my friend, Polly, in Winchester, VA. Hence, I left him alone in the house for under 48 hours. Not only did he have a great time being alone and not having a nagging wife around (not me, hee hee) but I had a wonderfully relaxing time as well. Polly treated me like a queen (she's a great cook) and the kids enjoyed being with each other. Since you never know what you will get when you aren't in your own home, I was pleased the boys slept until 5:55 a.m. the first morning, but the next morning, everyone was awake at 5:30. We hit the road and were home by 9 a.m. where we greeted Peirce just as he was about to go out for a run. Oops! We did some family walks, hung out and didn't do anything too exciting, but tonight we had a new record of what time we put the kids to bed. Everyone already makes such fun of us for how early we do this, but after the meltdown Eddie had tonight, you could tell he was due for bed and that time was 5:40 p.m.! I looked in four minutes later and he was asleep. Sweet bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment