Sunday, May 3, 2009
Rainy Run
Half marathon day has arrived. This morning, I ran the Frederick Half Marathon. It started at 6:30 a.m. so I woke up about 4:30 a.m. and headed to the course. It was perfect running weather, cloudy and cool. I did something you are never supposed to do....I wore new apparel. At the expo yesterday, I got new socks and a running skirt. I wasn't able to try it on at the expo so I gambled making the purchase, but I have wanted to give a running skirt a try. When I got home, it fit perfectly! I could not believe how much more comfortable it was to me than wearing shorts. Who knows...maybe I'm wearing the wrong kind of shorts. Anyway, after going back and forth in my mind as to whether I should wear my new purchase, I decided to get over my self-consciousness and give it a go. And I'm glad I did. I finished the race in 2 hours 18 min. and was very happy with my time and how I felt. About half way through however, it started to rain. I didn't mind, but I knew it wouldn't be ideal for Peirce, Eddie and Ben as spectators at the finish line. I did get to see them for a bit after the food line, but after a few hugs and kisses, we all headed to our cars. I got out of my wet clothes and cranked up the heat and sat in traffic for 2 hours trying to get back to Baltimore. Luckily, Peirce was parked on the other side of the marathon course, so he and the boys were able to zip out of town. Sadly, though, I have no pictures of me in my new attire since it was raining. And now it feels good to be in our cozy home in dry clothes. Peirce is out seeing Wolverine and I plan to veg with Eddie and Ben. Can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meg,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a fine race and a set of new clothes. Sounds like you had a great time.
Sounds like you are back into running and doing well.Congrats.
ReplyDeletePlease send a picture of your new outfit and you can put the boys in the picture too!
Did you get wet?
ReplyDelete