Saturday, February 4, 2017

Trombone concert


This week, Eddie and I had a date night at the JMU Forbes Center for the Performing Arts. For Christmas, we gave Eddie two tickets to a concert featuring a solo trombonist from the Boston Symphony Orchestra. We had third row seats right in front of the bell of the trombone. Perfect for witnessing the release of the spit valve and for keeping a 6th grader entertained.


After our Chic-fil-a dinner, we went to the recital hall and really enjoyed the concert. Some songs had a piano accompaniment which was wonderful. It was great to see a world class trombonist and it really inspired Eddie. I was so proud of him and his great manners at the concert. And of course, I loved my special time with my boy. 

2 comments:

  1. You two make a good looking couple. What a lovely evening,especially dinner at Chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie, is you arm long enough to play the trombone?

    ReplyDelete