Can you tell where I am in this picture?
The WHITE HOUSE!!!!
(Bear with me with this post...the Political Science major in me is coming out!)
My friend, Sabine, got tickets for a White House tour the Saturday before Easter. She was only able to get 6 tickets, so unfortunately, Peirce couldn't join us. I think I oohed and ahhhed enough for two people though.
This is us before the tour started. You wait in a long line according to your tour time. Our tour was at 8:00a.m., so we had to be in line by 7:45 a.m. You go through one checkpoint to see your pass, another two checkpoints to see your ID and one body scanner (complete with german shepherd on the other side of the glass) and one metal detector before you gain access to the house. My boys have never behaved so well. I told them the Secret Service does not play around and they will end up in jail. Yup.
You aren't allowed any photos inside during the tour. So, every photo I had is taken afterwards when you get to come out the FRONT DOOR! I loved it because I have always wanted to be on that side of the building (inside the fence, not just staring in). And when you go into the tour, you go in some side entrance, so this was quite awesome to come out the front door and foyer as the finale.
The tour is self guided, so you go at your own pace. There were great photos to look at in the hallways, and you get to see all the great portraits of past presidents and of course, Dolley Madison (a Macgill family favorite.) We saw rooms such as the East Room, the State Dining Room, the Red Room, Blue Room, and Green room. We also saw the library and Gold Room. It was absolutely amazing.
I was bouncing off the walls for the rest of the day and couldn't wait to watch the next presidential press conference or House of Cards.
My favorite shot! Can't believe we got to be there!
What a fabulous experience for the boys.Something they can tell their children and grandchildren about.Glad they behaved well so we didn't see them on the news being carted off for breaking an 18th century vase or trying to sneak in an off bounds room!
ReplyDeleteSee you Thrusday.
OMG!!!!!! I'm breathing heavily!! You guys are SO STINKING LUCKY!!!!!!! I've never gotten within but a quarter mile radius of the house...:-( too bad for me! But that is so AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat! We are sure that Eddie and Ben will remember the experience with the photos from the trip. Wonderful experience for you all.
ReplyDelete