I hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday. We found some time to dye eggs on Saturday. Luckily, everyone in the family eats them, so it shouldn't be too hard getting through them all.
On Easter Sunday, this is where we ate. Yes, a Chinese Buffet in Salisbury, MD. We were on our way to Chincoteague, VA for a two night spring break getaway. This buffet really hit the spot.
I embarrassed Peirce by asking a guy who I'm not sure spoke too much English (but apparently knew how to center a photo) to take our family photo at the buffet. I was upset that we forgot to take one at home in our Easter finest clothes, so Peirce had to oblige if he wanted a happy wife the rest of the trip.
And this photo proves that you can absolutely suck in your stomach really really hard after eating at a chinese buffet for Easter lunch.
Our first stop the next day was Assateague Island where we hiked to the lighthouse.
We also hiked to a pony viewing area, but didn't see any ponies there.
We jumped back in the car and rode to the pony round up pens and alas there were some pretty ponies there. I liked this girl in particular. She had no trouble posing for the camera. That's right pony. Just pose nicely and it makes life easier.
The island has two visitor centers which are great for kids and grownups. The Assateague Island Visitor Center and the Tom's Cove Visitor Center are the two we visited. Tom's Cove had a touch tank, so Eddie is holding a huge clam...
...while Ben is looking for pirates.
We went on the beach and enjoyed the view.
The boys enjoyed the sand crabs running around.
Back in the town of Chincoteague, we went to Main Street where there is a great bookstore that I love. There is also a little park on the water with these awesome chairs. Act surprised if you get this card for Valentine's Day next year.
Our motel was wonderful. The staff and location were great. We did get a surprise when we opened the door at one point.
The cutest little baby turtles were out there. We had no idea where they were trying to go, so we let them be. When we came back from dinner, they were gone. I'm going to assume there is a happy ending there.
We were busy doing other things.
We loved our stay here and can't wait to come back.
I mean, how could you not with this kind of beauty?

Again thank you for all your wonderful pictures. I so look forward to your postings. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteOMG first of all, turtles are my FAVORITE animals, (!!!!!!!!!!!!) so thanks for that pic! Second of all, overall once again ALL of the pictures are great! Can't wait to see you all soon!! <3
ReplyDeleteAnd I am sure that penguins are your second favorite animal, right??
Delete