This past weekend, we went to Washington, D.C. for a day trip.
We ran ourselves ragged going to three different museums. There is just so much excitement and so many awesome things to see and do. It was a great day. We took the metro in and I was glad for the long ride back to the end of the line when our day was complete so I didn't have to move my feet for a while.
We started out by going to the National Gallery of Art. Eddie is holding his notebook. He journaled the whole ride on the metro and inside the museum. It was really sweet. I haven't read it yet, but am excited to see his thoughts on what he experienced. Only if he is willing to share, of course.
But first, I will rewind to Fancy Dress #1. Peirce and I went to Monte Carlo night at our old church. Fake gambling, yummy finger foods and your chance to win prizes. I found this electric blue dress at Marshall's. Why would you ever shop anywhere but Marshall's? It was fun wearing a color when most people were decked out in black.
Now onto Fancy Dress #2. This is the reason we went to the National Gallery of Art. This portrait.
The Ragan Sisters. The sister on the right is Mary Ragin who is Peirce's great great great grandmother. She is the mother of Davidge Macgill and Davidge is Eddie's middle name.
The Ragan Sisters. The sister on the right is Mary Ragin who is Peirce's great great great grandmother. She is the mother of Davidge Macgill and Davidge is Eddie's middle name.
We posed our boys like the sisters from long ago. Ben actually looks like Mary in the face. Sweet.
Now onto Fancy Dress #3......blurry shot, I know...I felt nervous using a flash, so tried to do without, but who knows what this is??? May your life at sometime include a fancy dress you love, whether it be yours or the lady in your life! Tell me if you have a fancy dress of your own that has at some time been your favorite.






I posted a comment,but don't see it.Oh well.Thanks for the pics.If Peirce had been a 2nd girl he was going to be Mary Ragan (the 1st would have been Caroline,of course)and we were going to call him Molly,so that can be his new nickname.My favorite fancy dress was one I wore to a deb party when I met Dan.It was a long,empire waist yellow chiffon with a yellow velvet bow.
ReplyDeleteOMG!! Luv luv luv!! I can't believe we're all related to that girl on the right....anyway, thanks Aunt Meg! Love the pics and the posing!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun time both in DC and for the gambling night. We are glad to see that Eddie and Ben did not let the Washington Monument fall over!
ReplyDelete