This February, we have had tons of school delays and a few days off from school. You'd think I would have posted more, but alas, it just isn't happening.
One exciting thing that happened was my friend, April, made valances for our living room. This was her housewarming gift to us. She took me fabric shopping and everything. I don't understand how she finds this sort of thing "fun" to do, but thank heavens, that is what makes the world go 'round. So, our windows went from this.
To this! Aren't they pretty?
I have also been cleaning out Nanny's house to get it ready for sale. I have brought lots of exciting things home, complete with this brontosaurus I made in maybe third grade. Yes, that's right. It isn't a dog, or a horse. It is a brontosaurus ( I think they are now named brachiosauras). I remember stressing so much over this art project and just hating art in school. So glad my children love it and didn't get that from me.
We also got our chimney swept! Found a honest chimney sweep who didn't upsell us and it was a good experience. Now, we get to have these pretty fires!
Today was a spirit day at school. The kids could dress up as their favorite storybook character. Since Eddie lives and breathes Harry Potter right now, it was a no brainer. I think he looks so cute! We didn't have the right glasses, but you catch the drift.
Expelliarmus!



Eddie looks great in glasses. I agree about sewing. My friend in Pulaski was a great sewer and she tried to teach me. I was awful.I don't even sew a button on well.Love the fire.
ReplyDeleteHARRY POTTER!! 😱😱 the glasses are perfect, aunt Meg. 😜 and I love your new curtains!
ReplyDelete