Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween!


This Halloween, we celebrated for a few days. We started by going to a neighborhood party in Relay. Thank goodness a few hours before the party, I found this dress at the thrift store. I was a Renaissance  princess (not Stevie Nicks like Peirce thought...though that is way more cool). The party was fun for the kids and had a brick oven pizza food truck come and serve the food. It doesn't get any better than that. 

 The next day was a Trunk or Treat at our church.  You walk around to different cars that have decorated trunks. Since this is a church event, some of the people try to have the theme of the trunk also incorporate a saint.  This year Ben is dressed as Luke Skywalker and Eddie is his own creation...a "spy penguin." It is a penguin with special spy powers and he even painted his own "ice saber." Get it?


My dad and Kathy set up a trunk this year. 
 The theme was penguins! Yes, both Big Eddie and Little Eddie love their penguins. We easily thought it was the best trunk there. They quickly ran out of goldfish bags and got low on candy and St. Francis of Assisi prayer cards. 
 I loved that Ben found a baby Yoda walking around the parking lot. How sweet is this! (Notice Ben's pants don't reach his feet...thank heavens they were cut out at the bottom and my tall boy could still wear this handmedown costume.)

 On Halloween day, the boys wore their costumes to school and we had a half day. We visited Nanny and had a nice visit.
 Then, on the ride home, Ben lost his first tooth! It is his big front one. He has a gazillion loose teeth, so I wonder in the next few weeks if he will have any left. My baby is growing up.
 On Halloween evening, we went to a friend's house and Peirce and I actually won the costume contest! That is quite ironic since I don't even like Halloween. Peirce went as....hmmm....I will let my faithful readers take a guess. Look closely. I won't give any hints unless you desperately need one.
 After trick or treating, the boys ran home and each took a guest bed and promptly got to sorting their candy! Eddie used to do this when he was about 2 or 3 years old (because I never really let him eat any at such a young age. :-) )
I'm glad to see the sorting has returned.  It has kept them entertained for hours! Love it! Hope you all had a safe and enjoyable Halloween. 

3 comments:

  1. Peirce looks a lot like Clark Kent,but I didn't think he had facial hair.Must be someone else that wore a S on his shirt.I use to rush home and sort my candy and then ration it so it would last a long time.Now would just eat the whole bag in 1 sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure did have a great one! And so did you, by the looks of it. You look awesome as a princess and so does Eddie and Uncle P, and yes, Ben and that adorable Yoda toddler. Congrats for that tooth, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and uhhh...I'm not too sure what Uncle P is. Clark Kent?

    ReplyDelete