Well, it has happened. I have turned the big 4-0. Part of me feels 19. Part of me feels 89. I suppose that is a good that I'm somewhere in the middle.
The weekend prior to my actual birthday, I had four friends over for a great meal. They brought me Himalayan House which is my favorite Indian take out food from Locust Point.
My requirement was that they show up in their sweatpants for a cozy, laid back night in. Jenny (in the front) swears her jeans are comfortable. But, I have never met a pair of jeans that is more comfortable than a pair of sweatpants. I will let her slide. Her birthday is Nov. 19th too.
Peirce was out of town, so I couldn't go out on the town, so the next best thing was to bring the town to me. Eddie and Ben were upstairs in their PJ's and we were downstairs eating the yummiest food ever. We had a picnic around the coffee table.
Jenny made a delicious cake and thank goodness I only had to blow out 4 candles.
I put my tripod into action and got a good picture of all of us. From left to right....April, Angelina, the birthday girl, Jenny, and Gemma. I'm a lucky girl to have lots of lucky ladies in my life...both locally and afar.
I started feeling a little glum about my impending birthday. But, thankfully, my friend from afar, Polly, turned that all upside down. She got tickets from her brother to see Melissa Etheridge in concert in Washington D.C. complete with......
a MEET AND GREET!!!!!
Melissa was very kind and nice and I actually have my arm around her waist. I want that noted on the record.
I nearly died walking down the small, underground hallway to meet her.
In fact, here I am waiting for our turn to meet her. I don't let just anybody see such a crazy picture of me, but Polly captured it so well. And no, that's not even my phone. I am griping someone else's phone and my ticket with my life. I was trying really hard not to throw up right there in the hallway.
After I played it cool and shook her hand and said...wait for it...."I'm sorry I'm cold," (yup, that was my big line), we walked away and I cheered with my backstage pass in hand.
Her concert was absolutely amazing. We had seats in the 6th row and she rocked it the whole time. I never sat down. I was "that" fan that danced and sang the whole time. The poor lady in front of me got hit on the head twice because of it. Sorry lady, but that's gonna happen if you sit down. It was my birthday and I was ready to celebrate.
I turned 40 as I got off the exit from I-95 that night from D.C. The clock struck midnight. There wasn't a car around and I sat at the red light ready for it to turn green and ready to embark on another decade.




Yes yes yes yes yes! You have turned FOUR TY. I can't believe it. Trust me, you are still 19 inside.
ReplyDeleteI want to meet a super star too! Oh, my gosh, you're so lucky. I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving.
Congrats on making it through 40 years. Now lets go for another 40 and one decade.If Nanny can make 98 so can you!
ReplyDeleteMeghan,
ReplyDeleteWith all our love. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
You are a great person.