Sunday, October 19, 2014

October Update

I have a couple notes to share for October.

After almost a year and a half in this house, I finally found a snake! It was hiding under my mulch bags that we bought in spring. Yeah, uh, finally finished it up.

We went to the new penguin exhibit at the Maryland Zoo.

The boys brought their penguins from home. 
It is a huge new exhibit and a much better home for the African penguins.
It even has this cool waterfall feature that goes off every 10 minutes or so.
Inside the penguin education center was a great diagram showing the size in penguins. Hey, who is that...looks like a little boy to me!

The penguins were shy on this cool day, but finally they came out. Should I get in?
Ok, yes, maybe.
Here goes!
Whew! Hey, it isn't so bad!
What a cutie.
Then it was time for a fish lunch complete with question and answer for the crowd.
Now onto the universe....the morning of the full lunar eclipse, Eddie and I got up to see it. It was impossible to capture the moment on my camera, but I tried my best. You can see the shadow starting to cover the moon in the upper left hand corner. It was really awesome watching it together.
And I am all smiles here with the new Orioles sweatshirt that Peirce gave me to start my 40 days of celebrating leading up to my 40th birthday. I am loving it! I have been asking for a O's sweatshirt for a couple years, so was so happy to get this one. Get used to seeing me in it! And yes, the O's are out of the race now, so I am not smiling as much anymore, but give me some time.

2 comments:

  1. Love the penguins. Hope the boys wouldn't mind going again as I want to see them.Why didn't Peirce and Ben get up to see the eclipse? Most be because they like to sleep in.At least Peirce doesn't sleep to noon like he did when he was a teenager.Now you have to get back into rooting for the Ravens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, and as always, the penguins <3 Nice snake, and good job with the finishing off. :-)

    ReplyDelete