Friday, August 1, 2014

How exciting

Our home is heated with oil. This past winter, we got word that our oil tanks were starting to seep. They weren't full fledged leaking, but they might be on their way soon. So, finally, after ignoring the situation as I do best, I knew it was time to get going on fixing the matter.


This is our crawl space where the oil tanks were.


And here are the beauties themselves. When the men arrived, they said there was now oil on the ground, so thank goodness we were doing it when we did.


The side of the house looked like this. 


And this.


But, afterward, I had this lovely gray object to look at.  It actually, wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it would be. And the good news is that the oil gauge works and now I won't have to fret over how much oil we have left. All last winter, I played a guessing game with that.


The neighbors next door now get a view of this, but luckily, the trees are mostly blocking the view right now.


And our crawl space looks like this now. Any way to convert it into a wine cellar?

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hope it gets fixed...don't want random fires starting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crawl space looks ideal for any children that may need a "time out." But, Uncle Jimmy and I used to make towns under Granny's porch when I was their age. They may like doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a place like that in our basement and my Dad told me it was where the Gilly Monster lived. My friends and I( and maybe even some adults) believed it because my Dad was very convincing.

    ReplyDelete