Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy 4th!

We had a fun Independence Day. We had nothing to do (ahhhh), so we started the day off by watching a 10K down the street from us. The morning was cool, so the runners were very lucky. I'd like to think I could run the race one of these years, but I worry about all these hills around here. We'll see.


We also got to watch a Soapbox Derby nearby. It was really fun to see the kids "cars" and how they had no fear going down the big hill. 




 After that, we went to the Arbutus 4th of July parade. It was really fun to see the bands, kids and politicians all parading down the street. There was a ton of candy being thrown out to the crowd, so Eddie and Ben had a ball.


Next stop was back home where unfortunately, the O's game with the Red Sox was rained out in Boston. Total bummer. But, we made some yummy food....sweet treats and nachos on the grill with red and blue chips. I ate nachos and had a margarita. Not sure I was celebrating our independence day after all, or was I celebrating Cinco de Mayo?


Our family photo from our first year celebrating in our new home. Last year we were traveling for the 4th, but since this is one of my favorite holidays, I love being home. Eddie had a little meltdown (low blood sugar or something), so he wasn't too happy for the photo, but he did his best trying to fake a smile amidst his tears.


Luckily, everyone was all smiles for sparklers in the front yard. We took some sparklers with us while we waited for fireworks and someone came over to ask if we could spare a sparkler. (spare a square Elaine?...sorry you Seinfeld people know what I'm talking about). Anyway, he had a 4 year old that had never seen a sparkler before. Pretty sweet.  And if it brings a smile like these boys, it is worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. Sounds like an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the family photo and the kids with the sparklers.We were in the Baltic Sea going from Stockholmn to Germany and we didn't even think about the 4th until that night when we went to dinner and they had some red,white and blue bunting up in one place. That was it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downtown Arbutus. Still a through back to small town America. Looks like a grand time for the Macgill family.

    ReplyDelete