Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May Fun

This May we have been busy. There has been so much going on at school, with Ben's baseball games and my work, that I felt like I was never going to come up for air. But, here I am...at least for a minute.


We started the month off with the Little League parade. This is in front of our movie theater in downtown Arbutus. This year, Ben's team is the Blottenberger Bulldogs. Each business gives money, so they get to have their name on the backs of the jerseys. Corporate America at its best. 


The kids walked from the movie theater to the baseball fields for an opening ceremony. It was very cute, complete with a firetruck, baton twirlers and the Oriole bird.


Next up for the month of May was my trip to Lake Anna, VA for my rosary retreat with friends from church. I have found my haven. I never knew how awesome lakes can be. I'm not an ocean girl at all. Sand and sun and I don't get along. But, I will go to the mountains any day. Shade and calm water and I'm there. So, this was the view to walk down to the lake from the house. On the boat dock, were paddle boards, kayaks, a canoe, tons of chairs, you name it. This is my friend's parents home. I could get used to this.


We got to pray the rosary in this setting. Boy, were we happy campers.


I didn't know where to relax first. Just look at this place.


And my Paleo eating friend, Jenny, made us some awesome foods for appetizers, breakfast and dinner. Here we have salmon in cucumbers. Too good.


We got to take our group photo. What a fun weekend where none of us wore makeup. Always a plus for relaxation.


Back to reality, one more picture of Ben in his baseball uniform. I can't help it. I swoon every time I see him put it on. 

We had a visit from Grammy V (also known as Cacky or Grammy Virginia) and Zoë. The kids had a blast together and Peirce and I got to sneak away for a date night. I got to practice my hand at french braiding since having two little boys doesn't give me that opportunity. I must say, I did a decent job after a bit of practice.

  
Zoë and Eddie were peas in a pod when it came to reading. I found them sitting at the lunch table not talking, but with their heads buried in their books. It was too cute.  Now that May is over, happy June everyone!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for those TOTALLY AWESOME photos. Summer is here, and so are cool hairstyles! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ad thank you for a wonderful time had by Zoe and Grammy V. We have decided to make this an annual visit,if you can stand it. We may have to come up when Zoe goes to her Senior prom so you can do a French braid!

    ReplyDelete