Well, it is official. I have been a mother for 8 years and this year, I had my best mother's day ever.
The Friday before Mother's Day, Ben's class had a Mother's Day tea, complete with iced tea and two cookies. My placement was a sweet handprint flower that Ben made. I tried to hold it together and not weep like a crazy person.
There was a little rhyming presentation the kids did and we got to enjoy the classroom for a bit.
On Sunday, we were fortunate enough to go the Orioles games and sit in my friend's great seats right behind the visitor dugout on the third base line. Women even got a free hat! How cute do I look and how awesome are these seats?
I got to be with my favorite boys. Both big.
And small.
And of course, those boys in uniform, my favorite team!
Even Mrs. Bird made a rare Mother's Day appearance.
Peirce got a great shot of Chris Davis' hit. But, to no avail, the O's lost the game.
It wasn't about to stop our smiles though.
Because we came home with two baseballs! The girl sitting next to Ben yelled to one of the Astros players and he tossed her a ball. She immediately handed it to Ben since every time she goes to a game, she gets a ball, or three, like she did last time. Just know the players names and they are pretty willing to toss you one.
The ball I am holding though, is one a player actually tossed directly to ME!!!! Yes, ME!!! They had all the mothers in the stadium stand up. And just when they finished their announcement, a player walked into the dugout and someone started yelling. There was a cute little 25 year old in front of me standing up to the side, but I had one hand in the air, quickly dropped my bag of peanuts in the other hand and reached up with both hands and he tossed it to ME, specifically, ME!!! Remember who he tossed it to. There might be a quiz at the end of this post. Seriously, best mother's day ever. I had a hot dog, Diet Pepsi and peanuts and got to see my favorite team in the second row. Life is good.
The following Wed., I was picked to be a chaperone to the go on the third grade field trip to the Orioles game. Thank goodness I was chosen or I would have cried like a baby. If you couldn't tell, I love the Orioles. These were the handsome young men I was in charge of. They behaved very nicely. Ms. Meg doesn't take any mess from her charges and I make them stick with me well because it was field trip day and kids were everywhere.
Unlike the prior game I had been to above, these seats were quite different. Still, a fun time and a cool view.
And I got to wear my cool hat again and be with my favorite third grader.
Quiz time! Who caught a ball from an Astros player? If you answer the correctly, you will be allowed to hold the ball upon your visit.
I have told everybody that I came across about how I got to see my Baltimore family on TV at the game,over and over. It was like I was watching a home movie-so neat and on Mother's day. My favorite scene was when you leaned over and wiped something off Ben's face. It's a good thing you didn't do anything you didn't want Mom to see!
ReplyDeleteWe have the game on the DVR and are still like looking at the family. As far as who caught a ball, we are guessing the lady sitting next to Ben. She gave the ball to Ben. $25 gift certificate to Ollie's? You are a GREAT Mom. Belated HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
ReplyDelete