I forgot to post about our trip to Richmond a couple of weekends ago. We started out with a nice family visit, complete with taking Gordon and Andrea's dog, Amber, to the doggie swimming pool. Amber is the best dog in the world. So gentle and sweet. They were lucky to adopt such a sweet pooches.
For example, this is the backyard. Think of the football or baseball games you could have here.
And to mow the lawn, you of course need a landscaper's grade lawn mower. Peirce was a pro moving forward and backward.
And apparently, I had a great time as well. It really was fun. Todd said it takes him about 4 hours to mow the lawn.
I could get used to this kind of relaxing.
That night, we sang songs on the front porch. Every time we come to town, Todd teaches me some sort of instrument. Last time, I learned to play the drums. That was super fun. This time, I got a guitar lesson learning the opening notes to Rockin' in the Free World. I don't think Neil Young will be calling me any time soon. Peirce takes the reigns with the vocals while Emily and I try our best as back up singers.
The next morning, we went to the pond and Eddie and Jeb swam and then we all tried our hands at fishing. Jeb was by far the luckiest and caught a few.
Congratulations on an awesome house Todd and Emily. It looks like you will have some wonderful memories here! Thanks for the hospitality!
After we left Todd and Emily and had some more time with the family, we headed to our friends, George and Jessica's. We had a great meal and evening with them on their new refurbished patio and pretty picnic table.
We tiptoed out at 7 the next morning to get a start on the Memorial Day traffic and thank goodness we did. Hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend too. The summer weather is now upon us!
Hey, thanks for the pic of Amber!
ReplyDelete