I was looking around this week and wanted to share a few things that make me happy to see. So often, I just try to look at the little things because those are the things that can make you smile on a daily basis when life gets busy. You realize that God can show up in the little things the most. So here are my 7. I wanted to do 10, but I figured I better get this post up and running before I didn't do one at all.
#1. Eddie's completion of his Jesse Owens project. He completed a poster and had to dress up as Jesse Owens to be part of a living wax museum. Thanks to my dad and Kathy for making the gold medals. And here's a fact you didn't know. Olympic athletes didn't start wearing medals around their necks until 1960. So now you know why Jesse's were in a box. And good job to me ironing on those USA letters. You thought that was store bought, didn't you?
#2. Tomatillos. Boy are these hard to find. I had company coming and wanted to make my new favorite white bean chicken chili. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-bean-chicken-chili/ I went to FOUR grocery stores trying to find them. I had made this once before and forgot where I bought them. This time I bought two cans and will forever remember where to get them.
#3. My new running shoes! I am back to wearing my favorite brand, Saucony. I had a deal at a local running store and was so happy that the I found a pair that fit perfectly and were my favorite color, green. It has been a long time since I've put in some real mileage, so I hope these inspire me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. So far, so good. I've already run twice this week.
#4. Ok, this makes me smile every time. This is a message from Ben imitating his teacher. Each day in his classroom, his teacher writes a morning message. Ben now writes messages sometimes and teaches us school at home. I love seeing how kids try to right phonetically. So sweet. (the last line is "learn about the color blue" in case you didn't get it)
#5. Great find! I got this desk at a yard sale for $10! I am so not the yard sale queen, so I quickly snatched it up when I saw it. It is still in the garage because we need to pick out a paint color for it. But, since today was sunny, Eddie decided to do his homework outside today.
#6. Speaking of sun, look what is finally blooming! A lone daffodil stuck in some boring ol' ivy. Bring on spring!
#7. And this year I hope to have a yard. A friend gave me a bunch of seeds and we planted them in pods and they actually grew. I will never cease to be amazed when things I plant actually grow. Now the trick is getting them in the real garden and keeping the bunnies from nibbling them. Happy Spring everyone!



Oh Meg, I so love your blogs. The notes on the board from Ben are priceless. I hope you take a picture before he erases them. They will be so special to show him when he is older.But my fave is Eddie sitting at his desk outside. That's my Eddie!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh, yes. Spring. Finally. We were all holding our breaths. Thanks Aunt Meg!
ReplyDeleteThese blogs make me happy. Thanks, Meg.
ReplyDelete