Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hibernating


Boy, nearly a month has gone since my last post. It has been a busy one. I have started a new job as a part time on call receptionist. Yes, I know, that makes is seem like it is hardly a job with both "part time" and "on call" in front of the name. But, I really like it. I am working at a Catholic Charities Nursing and Rehab facility located right next door to where Nanny is now living. I have always wanted to work with the elderly, so even in this little job where all I have to do is greet them coming and going (between doing paperwork and checks), I truly feel fulfilled. I have done some day work, evening and weekends. So it is a little all over the map, but so far so good.



I haven't taken many pictures at all recently aside from the beautiful winter sunset shots, so I don't have too much else to report. However, there is an interesting phenomenon in our home. The ladybugs have invaded. Eddie and Ben's room gets the most afternoon sun. Apparently, ladybugs come inside rooms with southern exposure to try to hibernate. The problem is, we have no aphids for them to eat and no water for them to drink. So, they end up dying. We find the poor things every day in the boys' rooms. This is a picture of today's collection in Ben's room alone. But, as I was reaching for my camera, I realized that my hand was tickling and yes, some of them were still alive. Sorry little guys, but out the front door you still must go.  It was 30 degrees out there. Does that make me cruel? I figure they will die inside if they stay, so I had no other idea. If anyone knows anything about this, feel free to let me know.






1 comment:

  1. Cool pictures! Thanks for the post, and let's hope the ladybugs survive for spring. (Spring's almost here! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete