Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter week everyone! We were fortunate to spend Easter in our new home this year. Easter Sunday also marked the day of my twelve year wedding anniversary with Peirce. What a day for celebration!


The kids and I made birds nests for the first time. We made marshmallow versions (these) and chocolate ones too. My tastebuds preferred the marshmallow, but my chocoholic husband liked the chocolate ones.


Eddie and Ben hunted for their Easter baskets and had fun doing that.




After church on Easter morning, we stopped to visit Nanny and brought her a coffee and some flowers. 

We had some good laughs which I always love.





Before the guests arrived, we took pictures in the cherry blossom trees. At least I think that is what they are. I have no idea. Anyone?



Smile!


While standing across the street, Peirce wanted me to take this photo of the boys staggered between the trees. Tree, boy, tree, boy, tree. After all, Ben is learning about patterns in kindergarten.


The family photo. We look like a bunch of colorful Easter eggs.


It was now party time. Our friend, Michelle, brought some yummy appetizers. How cute and a great way for the kids to eat their veggies!


We had an Easter egg hunt in the back yard. Don't mind Ben's tupperware. His friends were using the baskets.


The adults looked on from our newly painted deck. It is gorgeous and it feels great to have that house project done!


Here are the ladies of the day. Michelle is 9 months pregnant and waiting on a baby in a few weeks.  That would have really brought some excitement to the day.  Jenny brought the ham and is a great cook!


We had way too much for dessert, but this was my cake creation that is supposed to look like a sunflower. At least I hope you got that from looking at it. It was really yummy. I hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration too!


3 comments:

  1. Your dessert creations are so wonderful. Each year you should take a picture of the boys between the trees and see how each has grown. We did that for a while with the birch tree in our front yard in Pulaski.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love it! And yes, Aunt Meg, that wonderful cake looks like a sunflower.
    Belatedly, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter in Relay. Looks like a lot of LOVE!

    ReplyDelete