Friday, February 21, 2014

February Update

Time for a February update!


We started the month off with celebrating my dad's 71st birthday with pizza and cake. We reserved the room at Nanny's assisted living facility so we could gather and celebrate with her there. Let me just say that Nanny had the same number of pieces of pizza that I did. And that is saying a lot since I love pizza. I was thrilled to see her chowing down. We got some cute pictures of the grandchildren with their Poppy. (Yes, Poppy has a shirt with the kids' names on them). And a picture of Nanny with her great grandchildren. Good smiles everyone!  Unfortunately, Peirce was on a plane to San Antonio for a work conference, so he missed the party. But, he got some warmer weather.

He also missed out on the after party effects. That Sunday night, both my kids started throwing up. They were sick for two days. Lucky for them, they had their matching pajamas on. This is one of the pictures I took during the 2 total hours they were awake. They really did sleep all day which is a mother's dream. 


My dad called me Monday to tell me that Nanny's home was under quarantine because there was stomach bug going around. Ben, Eddie, Kathy, Nanny and then me all got it since we were there for the party. A few days down, but we all bounced back. Unfortunately, Peirce flew into BWI and I picked him up with a fever and got right back into bed. Sorry honey. Welcome home.


Peirce made it back in time before 10 inches of snow fell that night. However, we woke up to find our canopy out back did not survive the night or the weight of the snow. Ugh. 


The kids had off school for the next two days and we tried to salvage Valentine's Day by making an egg in a hole breakfast. I think I did ok cutting out a heart despite not having a heart cookie cutter. 

Time for two photos that make me smile. 


Eddie had to type up his first ever research paper. He did it on the endangered animal, the sea otter. I had no clue that sea otters were endangered. Maybe because I see them in every zoo I go to. But, hey, I learned something. This photo of him at the computer with his feet not touching the ground and dangling off the chair just makes me smile. One of these days (and probably too soon), that boy will have his feet on the ground with more that plenty of extra inches to spare. Time will fly. I am trying to embrace where we are now.


And lucky me, I had a visit from my dear college friend, Alice. Alice and Victor and their three kids live in NYC. High rise, door man, Central Park and all. Lucky dogs. They are living the city life and loving it. They were driving back home up I-95 and Alice emailed to see if I would be around. So glad I was! Whenever Alice is on I-95, she is kind enough to pull off to meet for a visit. Even if it is only an hour or so, we manage to make ourselves giggle. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesomeness. February is here...and so is March. Almost spring. The snow is melting, birds are singing, and the sun is out. So sorry about that canopy.

    ReplyDelete