Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall is Here


Fall is here. 
I would like to cheer.
A chill in the air.
The yard is tended with care.
Leaves on the ground 
Colors all around
My favorite thing to do
Is rake leaves too.
For when I get chilly in the home
I go outside to warm my bones.
For raking brings me joy
With one of my boys.
Just look at this face.
He is showing God's grace.



We have fun too.
After all, there is lots to do.
We stop and get a good laugh.
Before the nighttime bath.
For these years will go by
And one day I will sigh
at these moments we shared
for we love and we care.


So thank you God for the leaves that you give.
They help us to enjoy your world and each moment to live.


4 comments:

  1. What a great poem. Written my you, Aunt Meg, yourself. And those boys are still raking that yard. Happy Halloween!

    -Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great poem. Written my you, Aunt Meg, yourself. And those boys are still raking that yard. Happy Halloween!

    -Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh!! Sorry that ran twice.

    -Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem and oh so true. Where might Ben have been while Eddie is raking the leaves-supervising.

    ReplyDelete