Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Run Dad Run!

On September 27th, my dad was inducted into his high school Hall of Fame for his soccer and track skills during his tenure at Kenwood High School. After he graduated, he went on to run track at University of Maryland.


Before his arrival, I took the boys on the track where Poppy made his magic happen before he graduated in 1961. 



I think they looked pretty good. Maybe it is in the blood.


Ben took his turn at the triple jump.  Wow! Olympics here we come!


Eddie paused on the hurdle marker. The hurdles were my dad's best event. Even as a kid, I knew exactly how to place my leg to jump over a hurdle as my dad ingrained that in me at a young age. In fact, we had one in our side yard just in case I got bored.


I was lucky enough to be family photographer that night which meant I got to use my dad's awesome camera and flash. My kind of job. Hands off Ben. 


There were 13 inductees that night. Everyone gave a speech, but none made me have a tear in my eye like my dad's. Guess I'm not a partial person on that one! How exciting it was to hear them introduce my dad as ACC Champion in the low hurdles.


There was a nice meal of small sandwiches, chicken tenders and chips. Perfect for the kids. Ben ate them out of house and home for the chicken tenders. I hope they don't send my dad a bill.


After the ceremony, there was a football game. They introduced the inductees to the crowd and gave out free seat cushions. 


Congratulations Dad! We are all very proud of you!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Thank you Meghan. Thank you with much love.

    ReplyDelete