We are here! We are "settled" in our new home.
And by that I mean, that I have thrown stuff in some rooms and unpacked it in such a haphazard way that I'm sure months from now, I will be fussing at myself for having done that. There are still random piles sitting around and I don't know when they will get touched.
Other rooms are looking much better and more put together. But, again, projects there need to be done.
Peirce's dad brought a truckload of furniture up. It was great since we needed things to fill up this big
house.
We said goodbye to our old house, shed some tears and hugged the neighbors goodbye. We feel very fortunate that we got to spend as much time in the city as we did.
It is great to have some room and a yard. Eddie and Ben have loved looking for bugs and swinging on the tire swing in the back yard. I have loved the therapeutic feel of wedding and raking and trying to get the yard in order. It is a lot to do, but all I can do is pick away at it and hope I am doing something that is of some benefit.
My favorite room is the house is this one:
If I get up nice and early just to have some alone, this is where I sit and read my book.
My least favorite room is this one:
I can hardly find a place to lay anything to prepare a meal. I try to pretend I'm camping.
Overall though, we are loving our new place and are getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. After all, the whole reason we moved was so Peirce, uh, the boys, could play in the yard. Could someone please tell me why Peirce is hitting off a tee while his son stands idly by?
But this was the funniest ever. The first time cutting the grass. Eddie and Ben, our little city dwellers, were so fascinated and followed Peirce around for 15 minutes begging to mow the lawn. Little do they know they will have the rest of their lives to do it!


I will miss that little house on Lowman.It served you well.Now you have a yard,which can be time consumming,but nice to have. I love seeing Peirce mowing-it's been a long time since that's happened.
ReplyDeleteI think I will miss the Lowman Street home also, but for other reasons.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to come! I'll see you in a little while!
ReplyDelete-Zoe
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete