Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Belated 4th of July!

Happy Belated Fourth of July everyone! I hope you had a good celebration wherever you were. We had a fun day here.  It is my favorite holiday which is funny to me because I don't like to sweat much anymore now that I'm getting older.


Everyone was decked out in red, white and blue.  I think my shirt from Walmart was a great find. And I think I bought Eddie's Walmart shorts two years ago. They were still too big in the waist, but I had held onto them long enough and he needed to model them for me.



 First we went to a friend's house a couple blocks away. They cleared out all the cars from their parking area, so the kids could have room to run and play. And it got nice and shady, so that was a treat. 


Then we came home with friends Finn and Emma to have some dessert and watch fireworks on the deck. The fireworks started at 9:30, but at about 9 p.m. when we were cleaning up downstairs, the electricity for a huge area of South Baltimore went kaput. And of course, it was a very very hot day and evening. So, we hunted for flashlights (see Ben's crank doggie flashlight) and headed up to the deck. I couldn't complain because some people had been out of power for nearly a week because of the derecho storm that rolled through the east coast. Needless to say, I had big trouble falling asleep without a fan, but I was so pleasantly surprised when power came back on at 12:30 a.m. Relief!


 We made sure to take this picture. The "last fireworks from our deck" picture. Either next year, we'll be in a new house or new houses will be blocking this gorgeous view.  I'm not quite sure I'm ready for either scenario.


Thanks for the memories Baltimore!

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting and checking every day for your 4th of July post. I knew it would be a good one and it was.Thank you again for all the wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you lost your power!!!!!! I hope yu had a great 4th otherwise. No, I know you did. Those fireworks looked awesome. Too cool.
    See ya,
    Cuz Z

    ReplyDelete