Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy new year

Happy 2012 everyone. I hope your holidays went well and you had some time to relax. Ours was very nice. We had a lot of family time and a little bit of downtime at the end. Eddie is back to school, much to his chagrin and we are in our new mode.

Yesterday was the first Saturday where I had to work at my new job for the Baltimore CASH Campaign. I have taken a number of trainings and am officially certified as a site manager and to prepare taxes at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites. Yesterday was actually a training for new tax volunteers to become certified to handle our clients taxes. During the training, I had to scurry around the room and assist with any computer problems or questions that may have arisen. I asked my boss, "How am I supposed to answer peoples' questions when I don't know the answer myself?" But, by the end of the day, I knew a lot more than when I had walked in. Helping others is definitely the best way to learn on the job. I had a nice time and didn't get home until 7 p.m. with McDonald's in hand. I was starving. They ran out of food at lunch and I only got a half of a sandwich and many Sunchips. Thankfully, I adore Sunchips, so that was good.

I will be working at our main office in downtown each Saturday. I'm looking forward to the location because it won't be as busy as a few of the other tax sites around the city. I've met the staff and everyone seems so nice. It just feels so surreal to be out in the working world again, but so far so good.

I have a feeling the boys will love their special Saturday time with dad. And I will love my time outside of the house. A new start to a new year.


1 comment:

  1. As Uncle Lou would say, "it's going to be a good year, a good damn year!"

    ReplyDelete