
Hello everyone. I feel as if I'm living under a cloud right now, but I'll get to that in a minute. I wanted to share our picture from Luray, VA. We went there last weekend. Our friends, George and Jessica, and their kids, Sean and Patrick, have a cabin near there. It was wonderful. The weather could not have been more perfect. The boys enjoyed playing with each other and running around the vast area of grassy space they have outside. Peirce got to go fishing in the canoe with George and my highlight was sitting on the deck in a rocking chair doing some reading while Ben napped. Ahh, doesn't get any better. So, thank you George and Jess for having us visit!
The Shenandoah Valley really is one of the most beautiful spots in the U.S.A. Everywhere you look, there is a beautiful scene to see. This picture was taken on a paved path in the town of Luray. It goes along the river and the boys (including 35 year old George) enjoyed riding their scooters. Yes, that is right...George got a Razor scooter for his 35th birthday.
On Sunday, everyone woke up early. We decided to go to JMU since it was only about 20 minutes south. We had so much fun letting the boys run around the quad. The campus has changed so much. Hard to believe how "old" we are now compared to the "kids" walking around the campus. Before we got there, however, Ben threw up in the car. He has done this three times before, so this time we were prepared.....took the headrest off the front seat, brought towels and a bucket in hopes we could catch it before it ruined everything. Sure enough, I turned around and caught a glimpse of his incredibly pasty white skin and 30 seconds later he was throwing up his whole breakfast. This time, however, I neatly collected it in the bucket. We pulled over, dumped the bucket, got some fresh air and hit the road. We're definitely getting better at this.
We got home Sunday to see a great Ravens win (woo-hoo!). But, by this time, Eddie was getting sick. He has had a fever now for three days and his breathing was very rapid and shallow yesterday. Luckily, I was able to knock on a neighbor's door who is a nurse to come and listen to him last night because it was so odd. I took him to the dr. today and he she said he probably has bronchitis or an early stage of pneumonia. He had his first nebulizer treatment which did NOT go over well. Got home, had some more inhaler and now we get to do these for a couple days along with an antibiotic. It still amazes me with kids how quickly they can get sick and how quickly it can turn around. The beautiful fall weather is now upon us which means the germs from school will be in our house. Guess I better get used to this change in weather... good and bad.
Other than Eddie getting sick it sounds like a very good trip for the family. It is very nice you maintain friendships fro soooooo long ago.
ReplyDelete