Peirce turned the big 3-5 today. I'm getting nervous because my birthday is just around the corner and all you hear as women is how your skin changes, your body changes, you can't eat what you used to, etc. etc. I'm particularly concerned about that last one since I am definitely not a "lady" in the eating department.
We celebrated Peirce's birthday by going to the beach this weekend. Kathy, my step-mom, has a home 10 minutes from Ocean City, so the four of us and my dad and Kathy went down. It was great because Peirce and I got to have dates both nights. Peirce did a 15 mile run (here we go with marathon training again) in new scenery and went to the beach with Eddie afterwards. I enjoyed heading to the boardwalk and partaking of the yummy treats. What is with me and the food tonight?? Needless to say, we had a lot of fun and it was relaxing.
This evening, we had our farewell supper with Peg and Larry. This week, they embark on their 8 month cross country travel culminating with a South American cruise at the end in April. It was definitely tough to say goodbye, but we wish them well and hope they stay safe. Eddie and I are hoping to meet up with them in Arizona sometime in January so that will be something to look forward to as well.
Meanwhile, Peirce's birthday celebration will continue tomorrow because his dad is driving up from NC to stay for the night. I'm sure it will involve watching the US Open too. Happy Birthday dear husband of mine!
Glad the Macgill's enjoyed the weekend. We had a good time also!
ReplyDelete