I thought I was the last person left on earth that didn't know you could flavor your kids medicine. Last week I learned a valuable lesson. After Eddie refused to take his antibiotic (which by the way the dr. said "tastes fine. It's cherry."), I thought I was at my wits end. I tried everything under the sun to get him to take it. I even called the pediatrician's office back and they suggested I mix it with Trix yogurt because that yogurt is so sweet. Eddie had a point, it tasted bad.
Then, a lightbulb went off and I remembered a sign at CVS that said you could flavor medicines for $2.99. I called them and they said to just bring back the bottle I had and they would do it. They have a chart that suggests what flavors work best with what medications. Eddie picked grape and we handed it to the pharmacist. It took about 2 minutes and didn't cost a thing. We went home where Eddie happily agreed to take it for the next few days without a problem.
Many of you reading this may already know about this medicine flavoring, but I'm posting it to offer it up to those who don't. Many people I have talked to did not know this was an option, so I offer this as a way to avoid the turmoil (which I mysteriously omitted) that I went through. Yet again, you have to be your own advocate because me along with two crying kids at CVS getting a liquid medicine wasn't sign enough for them to ask, "Would you like that flavored?" Now I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment