This spring break we took a trip to Virginia's historic triangle. Our first stop was Yorktown. We were definitely inspired to visit here after listening to the Hamilton soundtrack on constant repeat.
In fact, here he is!
Ben got an overview from George Washington before we went inside the museum.
The museum in Yorktown was incredible and we spent a lot of time here. I mean, what little boy doesn't like things that look like this?
And a favorite item that was viewed.
We also saw this real cannon which is called the Lafayette cannon. It even has the indention from a cannon ball on it. It is said that Lafayette hugged this cannon when he recognized it years later in New York.
After the museum tour, we rode around the battlefield. Eddie purchased this toy rifle and took a great shot of Ben posing with it.
They had so much fun running in the trenches.
I made Peirce get a picture with me in front of the Yorktown Victory Monument. We went here when we were dating.
And here we are 20 years later. Boy oh boy time flies. At the time, only this monument was around.
We also went to visit William & Mary. What a beautiful campus. Although, there were NO students walking around, so not sure what that was about. Guess they were inside studying.
Then we walked into the historic Williamsburg area. I was so in love with these oxen. I can't even deal with how cute they were.
See the Governor's Mansion in the back?
Nice smiles boys!
And lucky us met back up with the oxen. I got to take their picture up close! I just can't take it! Adorable!
And this sweet St. Bernard puppy is an extremely close second! We hustled down the street to get his picture. How precious is he?! I think he was 2 months old. Look how big he is already!
And now we required one more picture. This is Shields Tavern. Peirce took me here when we were dating too. We are now finished with the "We went here when we were dating" tour.
And as the kids started to get cranky (or maybe it was us grown ups needing a boost), we stopped for a snack. We got warm cookies fresh from this oven. Yum. Yum.
And we took some time to browse in the gift shop.
Another day we went to Busch Gardens. It was really fun, although the first roller coaster spooked everyone (well, just me, Eddie and Ben) because we weren't warmed up yet. But, afterwards, Peirce and I had fun going on rides while the kids held our hats and water bottles! We got to be the kids! (and yes, they did eventually go on rides.)

What a great trip. So much history and to think right here in OUR state! Thanks again for all the pictures.
ReplyDeleteWonderful vacation. Williamsburg is always a great place to share our early history. Everyone looks like it was MUCH fun for the family.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like so much fun! It's always awesome to visit Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens is amazing! Glad you could go!
ReplyDelete