Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Marathon #9

 Congratulations to Peirce on running his 9th marathon! He ran the Richmond Marathon on November 11.

 He had a good potential cheering contingent. But they showed up a little late to Mile 7 and missed him. Instead, we took this cousin photo overlooking the James River.

But the best part, and yeah, yeah, I know my husband ran a marathon and all, was this Newfoundland!! I have always wanted to meet one and pet one and this one did not disappoint! We got to pet him for quite a while. I could not get over the size of his head. His name is London and he weighs 150 lbs!
Just look at him! 

 Ok, ok, here we are back on the course. This is Mile 20 with hot beverages and a cowbell in hand.

My camera memory was full, but luckily, before I realized that, I was able to shoot this picture of Peirce when he saw us. You can see Eddie and Ben giving out "free high fives" to the runners.

 Now onto the final stretch. And that is so true. This bit from about mile 25.75 on was a straight and brutal downhill. I couldn't figure out why people weren't just coasting down or flying down and Peirce said it was brutal on the knees.

As evidenced by this picture. 

But, he made it with a time under 4 hours!! Way to go Peirce!!! You did so well! Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment