We had a nice spring break this year with wonderful weather. Eddie had a fever for a few days, but we managed to take a day trip to Richmond to visit Grammy V. She took us to Wilton House...and guess what George Washington slept here! (for real!) And Lafayette too. A beautiful place right on the river.
We stopped home for a few days and next up was Lake Anna to hang out with my friend, Jessica. I also got to see a friend I worked with way back in Washington, D.C. days, also named Meg.
Jess had fun getting her picture taken with her two favorite Megs.
We were lucky to all have boys and it was even more amazing that grades 2 through 7 were represented in order!
My favorite food group was the burnt marshmallows. These were jumbo sized, so I didn't have the 35 that I normally eat. I think I stopped at 3...or 4.
The weather was great and the house was perfect for all of us. I could get used to life on the lake.
Eddie swam in the lake and we had fun paddle boating, but I wasn't bold enough to dip my toe in the lake.
Next up was a stop in Maryland to visit Poppy and Grammy. (just Grammy, ha! Inside joke...when Eddie was little, he distinguished two of his grandmothers by one letter...V for Virginia "Grammy V and Just Grammy." Too cute.)
Eddie got a chance to ride Poppy's riding lawn mower. He did a good job cutting down some dandelions.
After we left my dad and Kathy's, we went to visit a friend of Eddie's from 5th grade. All of Eddie's friends, except two, have moved so it was great to get together. This family moved to a really neat old house in historic Oella, near historic Ellicott City. The street was narrow and the houses are right on top of the street.
Inside were two spiral staircases. The movers did not have an easy job.
Their backyard was a huge hill, but it led to some neat views and great woods. Can you see Snoopy?
There he is!
The boys were so happy to see each other and play all day.
And it was fun for the grownups to catch up too.
That afternoon, it was back to Harrisonburg where Easter morning brought some fun goodies in the Easter baskets.
We went to church early and for a short hike in Shenandoah National Park. Unfortunately, after that, it was time to work on taxes. But, at least the weather was gorgeous and we got to enjoy some outdoor time too when Ben and I made an egg hunt for Eddie and Peirce. I hope you all had a blessed Easter.





Thanks for the pictures. Love the blue theme for Easter
ReplyDelete