Last week, Peirce and I had the privilege of going to the Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA because Peirce was attending a conference. And of course, I had to tag along once I found where it was!
The resort is gorgeous. I sort of didn't know how to act, but I tried to put on my best "I've been here before" attitude.
Although, I couldn't help but take a picture of this pretty ladies bathroom. Luckily, no one else was in there.
One of my favorite places was the library. It was filled with wonderful books. But, I didn't need any since I packed enough books to last me a month, even though we were only there two nights. Wishful thinking.
Since Peirce was at his conference all day, I found time to lounge on these chairs in the library.
And even better, I lounged in a hammock outside. My book went everywhere I did. And I felt much more comfortable once I put my sneakers on. My feet were killing me from all the walking. This place is huge!
My other favorite spot to sit was on the front porch complete with rows of rocking chairs. I could get used to this.
One day, there were a bunch of Porsches parked in line out front. It was fun to watch people take pictures as they walked by.
On both days, I was able to go hiking on the great trails. This is where I felt more at home. In the woods wearing comfortable shoes and not worrying what I looked like! And according to this sign, I am officially a "serious outdoor enthusiast." I would somewhat agree with that. My knees on the other hand were not thanking me after the steep hills.
I managed a smile hiking up. The trails were pretty.
And once I got back down where you hike on the golf course, I met a cute little friend.
This view is from Sunset Overlook which shoots off one of the trails. Great shot of the resort. I am so glad we got to attend this conference and it was such a treat being here and relaxing!












Glad you got to go so I could keep the boys. Hope he gets to go to more conferences and you can tag along.
ReplyDeleteWhat a place! It looks like you had a good time and we hope Peirce did as well during is off time.
ReplyDeleteThat is so beautiful!!! I have always wanted to go to the Homestead! By the way, I had such an amazing time with you guys! Can't wait to see you again!
ReplyDeletexx