Friday, July 8, 2016

The big move

Hello all! Thanks for bearing with me during these past few months. Life has been chaotic and full of lots of changes, both happy and sad. But, we are still here and ready to report in. I am missing out on lots of news, but I will just sort of pick up with where we are now. 

We have made the move to Harrisonburg and live in this cute little house.
When Peirce first looked walked into this house (after I called him to tell him it might be "the one" and to hurry over), he walked in and was smacked in the face with these steps. (You walk in on the left of this photo.) So our realtor suggested we paint the rails and walls. 

 And this is what we got. It looks better in person and with furniture, but you get the gist. It definitely looks less "in yo' face!" and more airy now.

So after Peirce oversaw the painting and plumbing in the new house, one day a moving truck pulled up to our house. 

It looked like plenty of room and after all these were professionals packing the truck. But, things got very very tight toward the end and there were a few things they couldn't take. 

But thank goodness, Mei Xiang, Ben's panda made the cut. She got a pretty plush ride in the chairs and we all cheered and had a good laugh. The movers really did do a wonderful job and I would highly recommend them.

And thanks to my handy dandy color coding of boxes, they knew where to put things.

 What didn't fit or was too fragile, got put into cars and made the trip south.


 The kitchen (I now have a kitchen!) went from looking like this. 

 To this. I tried to just pick away at it because really, that's all you can do. And then you realize you have too much stuff anyway. As a side note, I told our realtor that our wish list was to have a kitchen and she laughed about that. She said she would definitely find us a kitchen. And we had success!

Finally, pizza on the deck after the big move! Welcome home! (Thanks to Meg and Eddie both for supplying the photos on this blog post.)

3 comments:

  1. I love the color of your living room. Painting the railing white really made a difference and I didn't think it would. You are too smart with your color chart! Can't wait to see in all soon.
    Thanks for posting. I miss it when you go too long,but you did have an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!!! I love your new house! I can't wait to visit, and the living room definitely looks less in yo face!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great home for our great family. The 4 of you deserve this. Tiny house in Baltimore. Huge house in Relay. Just right house in Harrisonburg! Congratulations! GO DUKES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete