Our Independence Day started off with watching the Arbutus Firecracker 10K which runs past our street. Then, we headed to the Arbutus parade.
Oh, it is so hard to wait for a parade to begin.
But, important to hold your ears because
the cannon announces that the parade is set to start.
In the parade, you get to wave to local politicians. This guy is truly pointing at Peirce saying his name because they know each other. Hi Tom!
Then it was my worst nightmare. Bagpipes. Seriously, all my life I have had a fear of them. I must say, I'm doing better with this fear than I was 10 years ago. But, my fear of small spaces with no exit, not so much.
This is more my speed....a bunch of drums banging it out. I love a parade!
After the parade, we were off to a friend's house for a cookout and some fun. This was my festive creation this year.
Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July celebration!




I think you got Ben up too early to watch a parade.Love all your patriotic outfits. We do live in a wonderful country and we should never forget that! Interesting fear you have-why bagpipes?
ReplyDeleteLet me just say, cute pics... and I HATE BAGPIPES TOO ;-D
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete