January can be a dull month. You have to go back to school, back to work and life goes on. As luck would have it, the boys went to school one day and then had a snow day, complete with two more days of two hour delays. Now, that's a way to get back into the swing of things. Cold turkey is for the birds. There is something about a picture of a kid with rosy red cheeks and a white snowy background that melts my heart.
Especially when they are missing some teeth.
The yard and driveway were covered in snow and the boys had fun with their new sleds. We then walked to the elementary school to ride down the big hill. We met up with another family there who had two girls and the father said to me, "Boy, I'm glad I don't have boys." I couldn't imagine what on earth he was talking about because mine were just pummeling each other coming down the hill and at one point, Ben rode his sled right over top of Eddie and shot into the air and landed back down on his sled. But, no, what was that guy talking about?
Once the routine was back in place, I needed to buckle down with my new years resolutions. I don't really make any. I just have lots of wishes that I hope to accomplish. Just like summer break when I was hoping to clean out the basement and that never happened. But, I decided to tackle the shredding one more since that was on my wish list. We had another delay, so I had Eddie's help which made it go much quicker, though you can smell the motor burning on the poor shredder.
And for my fun that I am doing, I am reading the fifth Harry Potter book. I was a nervous wreck to start reading it because I read pretty slowly (and not often enough for my liking because life takes over). This book is massive. 870 pages with small print and small margins, but who notices that stuff but me? Sometimes, I pick a book at the library over another book just because its print is bigger and I know I will get through it quicker. But, another resolution...try to just enjoy the books and not worry about how many I read this year. I always like to outdo last year (which didn't happen last year) and the site www.goodreads.com allows you to keep track of your books which is so wonderfully helpful since I can never remember what I read. If you haven't already done so, sign up and be my friend. I love seeing what other people are reading.
But, look! I have passed the halfway mark. Eddie told me I could do it! He has read them all after all, so I will try to too! Plus, Peirce is getting annoyed because I hold up the movie watching until I have read the book. I have to see if it will be appropriate for Eddie to watch. The visuals on this stuff can be pretty scary.
Now, around the house, we have a new printer/copier/scanner. Our old printer was very old and after many emergency calls to my dad about having to print some school report or project out on his printer, it was time for an upgrade.
Ben's room is complete with a Hot Wheels village....aka, Mommy steps on hot wheels cars at night when she goes in to kiss his sleeping head because Mommy's night vision is horrible and she can't see where she is walking. But, as you can see, life as an almost seven year old is good.
And Eddie's desk sits complete with crayons, journals and a new calculator that he got for Christmas. This boys writes and draws a lot. He especially likes diagrams and is currently creating his own penguin language. I'm sure you will be in for a lesson next time you talk to him.


Sweet, and yes, MORE SNOW...I NEED to see all of you guys again, now that I'm not sick! And I need to hear about this penguin language of Eddie's! ;-D
ReplyDeleteLove the sleigh riding.What would you do on snow days if you hadn't moved into your house? Hope Eddie can teach me his penguin language so we can converse and no one will know what we are saying!
ReplyDeleteGreat update for the family…. How does a penguin say "fish?"
ReplyDelete