My heart is heavy this week with thoughts of the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. Monday morning hit hard as I realized I had to send my kids off to school. Life must go on one foot in front of the other and as a parent I can only shield them from the news reports and headlines. But I had to remind myself, that I have two lovely children (when they aren't fighting with each other and I suppose even then they are lovely) and we have had some celebrations as of late.
Eddie received his First Reconciliation two weeks ago. There were twelve children in his class and they all did a great job. We all sat in the back of church and prayed together and then one by one, each child went up to the front of the church behind the podium to a chair sitting across from Father Patrick. Eddie confessed whatever sins were in his heart and it was very cute to see him as he shook his head yes or no, but we couldn't hear a word he was saying. He then finished up, shook Father Patrick's hand and went off to a side pew to do his penance on his knees with head down on his folded hands. A very lovely moment to witness.
Ben had his first preschool play of his life last week. He played the part of a shepherd. It was the usual preschool excitement. Kids singing songs, loads of parents with cameras, acting like fools, standing up, sitting down, leaning out the side of the aisle. I resolved to make myself not act like a total fool, so my photos suffered because of it, but I feel my self esteem remained in tact because of it. He did a great job and at one point even belted out a line of the song into the microphone that someone put in front of him.
Life goes on dear boys. We must realize that there are many blessings we have and we need to celebrate them when the time is right. Today, I celebrate you.




Beautifully said Meg. We are so blessed and after last week we must remember to celebrate each day to the fullest.Love and cherish those little ones of yours and embrace their innocence for it won't be there for too much longer.
ReplyDeleteVery nice Meghan.
ReplyDelete