Saturday, November 3, 2012

Big Winner!

This past week, I got a call from Eddie's school (gasp!). It was the principal (gasp!) and Eddie was in her office (gasp!). Then, she said she had good news and I realized it was my goody too shoes, Eddie, we were talking about and there was no need for gasping.

She put Eddie on speakerphone and had him tell me the news. He won an iPad!!  He was qualified for the school drawing for raising enough money for the Race for Education.  I was floored! So, there I was gasping for air now.

When I picked him up from school, I tried to get the story out of Eddie, but had a hard time since he is a boy of few words. He said during the award ceremony, he was sitting there hoping he wouldn't win anything because he would be nervous about going up to accept something. There were other prizes being given. The iPad was last! Low and behold, they called his name and he went up to receive it. He honestly had no idea what one really was (thankfully), so in a way I felt bad for the poor middle schoolers that were probably salivating over it. But, the principal let him play with hers in her office when they called me and he was hooked. We are so grateful to the school for this wonderful gift!

Here are some pictures from the award ceremony which happened after the All Saints Mass.



2 comments:

  1. Does Eddie let people borrow his stuff? We know that Penguins can not leave the house but thought Eddie might allow iPads out for a night or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are going to have download the Race Penguin app now.

    ReplyDelete