Sunday, August 19, 2012

North Carolina 2012

Earlier this month, we headed south to Wilmington, NC for summer vacation. We spent four nights with Dad and Sybil.


Eddie had fun in the surf.


Ben had fun throwing ball with Granddaddy.

 

Meg had fun paddle boarding and kayaking with Bobo.



 And of course loving Bodie, the big Great Pyrenees.  I can't believe I got him to look at the camera at the right time!  Of course, this is before he gobbled up the food we left out, but how could you ever be mad at a face like this?!


We played table tennis with Dad and Sybil and tried to pretend we were as good as the Chinese olympians. It didn't work. I laughed too hard.


Despite that picture, Peirce wasn't in too many pictures yet because his neck had a mysterious ailment where he couldn't move up down or side to side. Total bummer.  Thankfully, he slowly got better after a few days and was able to play in the surf on the next leg of our trip as you could tell by this photo. I had to sit there and bite my tongue for hours while he did this.

Our next leg of the trip took us to Pine Knolls Shores on the Crystal Coast of NC. It was about a two hour drive from Wilmington. It rained off and on during this leg, but we managed to have a great time.  We gathered with Cacky and Rupert, Will and Tricia and Gordon and Andrea. 




And all the cousins...Ella, Zoe, Charlie, Eddie, Daniel and Ben


We went to the aquarium which was right across the street from our condo. I loved it!


Gordon and Andrea bought a big ol' cabana for us to sit under. It was great. Those are our condos in the back. What a view!



We each took a turn cooking dinner. Peirce and I had a mexican themed dinner complete with margaritas and tacos. I think that was the only meat Eddie ate all 10 days of vacation. He has entered his vegetarian phase, except for chicken nuggets and ground beef tacos of course.


We went to the town of Beaufort which was a short drive away. They were having a pirate invasion weekend since it was right on the water near areas where Blackbeard sailed his famous Queen Anne's Revenge. Unfortunately, poor Charlie got put in the stockade for having a messy room.


And Cacky got spooked by a pirate and his sword at lunch.


All the while we smiled and looked pretty.


But not as pretty as Tricia was one night flying this kite. This is my favorite shot of vacation. This expresses the beauty of the beach at sunset so well. Thanks everyone for a great time!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful pictures. What a special time. You forgot to add how much you and I enjoyed the margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those were great pics. My fave was Eddie the Hermit Crab!!

    ~Zoe

    ReplyDelete