Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer is coming


Summer is unofficially here. The flowers are planted in the garden. 


 The bridge is near "completion."  Supposedly, this afternoon, one lane will be open.


And according to these last two pictures that were taken last night, there are now painted lines and that one lane, will provide two directions of traffic. There is more of an incline now so the trains that ride underneath won't hit the bottom of the bridge. We will now have a traffic light one block away which is a bummer, but I suppose it is necessary, just as trains hitting the bottom of a bridge is, I suppose, just as necessary.


I cannot wait to use the "real" sidewalk and not the pedestrian bridge. Ahh, summer is coming. Hot town...summer in the city.....

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog report. Get that bridge open. Eddie and Ben then can walk to Harris Teeters and get some chips.

    ReplyDelete