This past Friday was Eddie's last day of first grade. His teacher told me the day before that he was going to receive an award at the assembly on Friday. I didn't know what the award would be and Eddie didn't know that he was receiving one at all. We didn't mention a thing to him because he is the type to worry about what to expect ahead of time. And luckily, when he saw me sitting there, I don't think he put two and two together either.
The awards assembly started with the first grade and Eddie was the first name called. I hardly got my camera ready, but I managed to get the hand shake and then forced him to let me take a picture of him holding the award. I am a mom after all and was quite proud of my little boy.
The award was for academic excellence in reading. Way to go Eddie!
We say, Yahoo Eddie!!! Yahoo Eddie!!! We are so HAPPY for you and proud. Congratulations Eddie. Penguins all the way! Let's get you a giant pizza.to celebrant.
ReplyDeleteI am not surprised at this award.I know his love of reading and I have also heard him read-amazing!I am so proud of him.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Eddie
ReplyDeleteUncle Larry
Yeah!!! I won something like that, but it wasn't as cool as yours. You'll have a room full of THOSE by the time youre 18!
ReplyDeleteThat last one was from MEEEEE... SORRY.
ReplyDelete...zoe