This was Ben's reaction. He wanted to get closer.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Today, we went to witness the Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix Car Road Race. It was such a sight. These cars were going 165 mph on the straightaways in our own city. The noise level was quite loud, but we stood at a nice vantage point at one of the turns. On this turn, the cars were going approximately 40 mph, but you can hear them hit the gas and take off.
This was Ben's reaction. He wanted to get closer.
Unfortunately, this was Eddie's reaction. He wanted to go home.
See for yourself. Sorry the videos are so small, but I do hope you can get a bit of a feel for being there. The city has been shut down for days for this event, so we were quite thrilled to finally be able to see the live action. Last night, I ran a Grand Prix 5K road race on the actual race course. It was a nightmare getting on the other side of the fence because the whole city is fenced off. But, I ran a great race and loved the course. We ran 1 1/2 times around the race course. It was really neat being on the other side of the fence. I felt transformed into another place because the city looked so different. Baltimore will have this race for the next 5 years. I think they will iron out the kinks and we will enjoy it each year. This definitely opened my eyes to car racing as a sport.
This was Ben's reaction. He wanted to get closer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yahoo for the Baltimore Macgills! Being at a Baltimore FIRST event.
ReplyDelete