Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Football Fun


I'll be honest. I just don't have the desire, the words, the stories, or the time it seems to keep up with this blog. Ever since school started, I am feeling busier than ever. But, then on other days, I'm lazier than ever. I'm really trying to find a balance, so stick with me. I'll throw you guys a bone every now and then and I do appreciate you checking in.

Let's see...what's new...Eddie had some tearful mornings at school about two weeks in. That really threw me for a loop and made me very sad in the process. Last week, I bribed, uh, rewarded him with a few things to help him work toward a happy week and luckily, that worked. I do think the days and the week feels very long to him and he's hanging in there the best he can. I know he likes it, so that's all we can ask.

In the meantime, I seem to be carting Ben around to various activities. We go to the Baltimore Museum of Industry (where we had our wedding reception) once a week for a fun little toddler class. Playgroup is another morning. We visit Nanny on a different morning. And we round it out with a little art class on Friday mornings. Eddie is by far my artist. He claims this is what he wants to be when he grows up which I think is adorable because I would think he might want to drive an excavator or backhoe. But, a friend and I signed our two year olds up for this art class for fun. It has been such a treat! Ben is so tickled with himself when he does a craft and it is so nice to have that special one on one time with him since at home I'm usually saying, "No, don't touch the scissors" or "No, you'll have to paint later." I'm making myself open up to his creativity and exploration since I've obviously put it on the back burner.

The other excitement is that I am officially into football. Yes, both my kids now have jerseys which is a different concept to me since when I grew up the Baltimore Colts had left town. But, it is so fun to have football fever very alive and well in Baltimore because I didn't get to experience it growing up. This past Sunday, Peirce got to go to the game with a friend. I stayed home, put Ben down for a nap, and put the game on tv. Eddie said he didn't want to have his "rest time" in his room because he wanted to stay downstairs. Mind you, this child loves his rest time in his room. But he proceeded to lay on the sofa (hence taking up the best seat in the house) for the entire first half! At this age, he has no desire to play any sport (he cries every week at the soccer field), so it is very cute to see how much he likes watching football on tv. He can tell the score, spot the jersey numbers, etc. For his birthday this year, he got a Joe Flacco #5 jersey since he turned 5. And Ben got his handmedown, #86, Todd Heap. I, also, managed to stay on the sofa or chair for most of the game. I think this is why I'm liking football. It gives you a total pass to just lay there like a slug. Gotta love it. Go Ravens!

4 comments:

  1. Meg,
    Please continue to throw us a bone now and then. I know I don't comment very much, but I do regularly check out the blog.We love the pictures, your thoughts and it really keeps us up to date with the daily life of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,
    We do read your blog. Give yourself permission to keep it shorter if that is a factor. Anything you send is GREAT for us. Once a week or once a month! We love the pictures of the grandchildren. Where is the #52 jersey? In Atlanta? Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ditto what Grammy and Dad said. I love everything you blog especially the pictures. Please keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there - I check your blog too! You are on my blog list. I love to see the cute pics and keep up with you guys. I know how busy you are - hang in there! Love you lots. Emily

    ReplyDelete