Today was the Baltimore Marathon. Peirce and I ran the relay with my cousin, Keri, and friend, Faith. We were pleased to finish in 4 hours 12 minutes! I had the first leg of 5.7 miles which was all uphill. There weren't many downhills at all to recover, so that was tough. For the first time in a while, my body is kinda sore after sitting. Peirce flew on his leg and was pleased with his pace. I guess a measly 6 miles is a piece of cake for him when he ran 20 last weekend. haha.
After my leg, I hopped on a relay bus which was supposed to take us back to Ravens Stadium and the finish line. Unfortunately, the driver didn't take the best route and the city was gridlocked of course. So, we had to hop out about a mile from the stadium. I decided to just go and find Peirce at his relay point instead of going to collect my medal and food from the stadium. So, it actually worked out fine because I headed to the relay point which was closer to home than the stadium and met up with the boys and my aunt and uncle who were helping to watch the kids. We cheered Peirce on as he left for his leg and then I was dying to get home with the boys. Only now, it was spitting rain, I was freezing, and our double stroller had a flat tire!! I told Eddie that he was going to have to walk. He was a trooper! As was I! I needed some food, a blanket and a hot hot shower at this point. We walked home from there which was about a mile and a half. We were able to cheer on many straggler runners and walkers, so that was nice to be able to do that.
We went out to celebrate with the team for pizza tonight.
Now I sit at our friend, Gemma's, house and use her computer. Why? Because yet again, our computer modem is broken. We have Juno and this is now the fourth modem we have had in about 6 months. We are taking the hint and unfortunately, going to have to switch to some other service. Perhaps after that is complete, I can post our team photo. Stay tuned in the next couple of weeks...signing off for now!
What an attractive relay team,especially the male member!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to all!
ReplyDelete