Monday, August 17, 2009

A Quiet Monday

Today seems to be a quiet monday already. I am short one kid. Eddie is off camping with my mom and Larry in their RV trailer. We dropped him off yesterday and hopefully, if all goes well, he will last until tomorrow. Peirce and I brought Ben home yesterday and immediately, Ben seemed to be the happiest kid because he could have the run of the house without having to worry about his big brother taking his toys away. He has barely fussed at all!

This past Saturday, I took my last bike ride to prepare for next Sunday's Iron Girl Triathlon. I rode 17 miles with my dad on the Gwynns Falls trail which is a great city trail that leads you along the "falls" water through sketchy neighborhoods and parks at times, but hey, you wouldn't want it any other way in the city. Overall, it is a very pretty trail. When we got back to the car, I dropped my bike with my dad and immediately hit the road running for a bit. I felt good. So, I think I ended the training on a high note. The problem is, the triathlon course is laced with hills everywhere you turn on both the bike and run portions. My friend, April, is doing the swim portion of the race since the best I could ever muster would be a doggie paddle. So, I hope I can pull out the other two legs the best I can. At least I know this time next week, I won't be waking up early for a training run. I definitely plan to take a bit of an exercise hiatus for a week or two!

1 comment:

  1. Pack a lunch and make it to Nanny's when the weather gets to 60 degrees! YAHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete