Friday, September 29, 2017

Summer Fun

Summer is over and I wanted to share a few pictures of our final activities. 

 We went camping this year at a new place....(new to us!) Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. We really enjoyed it, although it rained on us every day. We managed to get in and out of the tent to prepare meals and have fun when we could, but it was quite chilly and we didn't do much swimming in the lake.



Here's a peek at Eddie inside the tent. The boys did a lot of games and writing inside the tent when the rain hit. 

 It was August, but you wouldn't know it from how bundled we were.

 But, we had some great fires to keep us warm. And of course, way too many marshmallows.

Back at home, the boys worked on perfecting their light saber battles in the backyard.

 And for the first time ever, I went to a sunflower field. I took Ben one morning before church. There is one weekend out of the year where they allow cars and people in the field. The money that you donate goes to the local hospital for a fundraiser.

We took our tools and a bucket and cut some down. We could not believe how heavy they were!

As summer came to an end, we did one last adventure...tubing in Harpers Ferry, WV. One day, I met my friend, Andrea, and her son, Zach, there. It was a very overcast day and not really a typical August day where you needed to cool off. We did the flat water tubing. This was the first time I had ever tubed at all. And the "raging" water behind us is how the water was the whole time. At times, I wondered if we were going to make it down the river in time to get the shuttle bus back! But, it was a fun time.

Then it was time for back to school...

 ...which brought Eddie running cross country for the first time. 

He enjoyed it and did a good job.

Ben enjoyed seeing the TALL Irish Wolfhound at some of the meets.  This is Conan and he is a sweetie.

 And a couple weekends ago, we went to our parish picnic. They had a color run for the middle and high schoolers. It was a short little run around the park, but every so often there would be areas with grownups (us included) hitting the kids with color from a bottle.  The color was basically colored cornstarch and it made for great photos!

Now we are on to fall!

3 comments:

  1. Been waiting a long time for this post! Love to see "what we did this summer" pictures,although you left out the beach. Also love the back to school picture. Haven't missed a year and to think they are in 7th and 4th grade.
    Grammy V

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures! And I've always wanted to do a color run...I'm jealous! Also, the pictures of you and Ben in the sunflower field are just gorgeous. Hope I can see you all again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful summer. Too bad the weather did not cooperate at Deep Creek Lake. Great post to keep us informed. Ben with a dog and Eddie with his running.

    ReplyDelete