Eddie: "Mommy! My tooth is about to fall out!"
Me: "What? You have a loose tooth!? How exciting! Wow! Your first loose tooth! What do you mean it is going to fall out? Did you not know you had a loose tooth? When did you feel this?" and twenty other questions.
Eddie: "Ahhhh!!!" Tears, kicking and a total meltdown ensue. I don't know how I got him into the school building. The kid was worried about losing it at school and not knowing what to do with it.
Monday evening....the tooth remained.
Tuesday at school drop-off....more tears. More freaking out.
Tuesday evening. I went out with some friends. Get a call on my pay as you go cell phone 10 minutes after I leave home and Peirce says, "Eddie wants to talk to you." Eddie proceeds to tell me how Daddy saw him at dinner and asked if he lost his tooth because it wasn't there anymore.
Apparently, Eddie had swallowed it with his dinner.
Luckily, no meltdown.
Eddie wrote a note to the tooth fairy telling her that he lost his first tooth, but swallowed it. Luckily, she didn't seem to mind and left him $2 of which he was quite proud.
Congrats to Eddie on his $2 bonanza. The tooth fairy gets more generous each generation. I never had one swallow his tooth!
ReplyDeleteI guess you're not going to keep that one? :-)
ReplyDelete~ Aunt Andrea
What happened to the 25 cents Mommy used to get?
ReplyDeleteWow!!! This is great!!! Your first tooth! What did you say? What did it taste like?! Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete{Cousin Zoe}