Monday, May 17, 2010

Picnic in the Park



We had a nice weekend. The weather was gorgeous....sunny and a high in the low 70's. On Saturday, we organized a cookout at the state park with a couple families from church and Eddie's school. I rented a pavilion for $20. It was the best deal! Everyone brought a dish and we spent the afternoon eating good food, playing baseball, and chatting or chasing after kids. It was really relaxing and we all wondered why we don't do this more often to escape the city and our little houses.

On Sunday, Eddie and Ben were invited to a neighbor's birthday party. The little girl turned 3. The party was at a movie theater. You reserve a little area, go off to the movie, then come back to the area for pizza and cake. Peirce and I checked out the movie ahead of time. It is called Furry Vengeance, rated PG. If you saw my earlier post, you would know that Eddie has only seen a couple of movies. After seeing the trailer, I wasn't excited about taking Eddie to the movie. As we readily admit, we totally shelter our kids, but are ok with it! The world will taint them soon enough. We decided that I would take Eddie to the movie part of the party and Peirce would bring Ben later after his nap in time for pizza. As if on cue, the "scary" parts of the previews and the movie had Eddie crying and burying his head in my chest asking when it was over. We were worried bedtime might bring some bad dreams, but it was smooth sailing. I think the movie party is a great idea. Just better reserved for those 10 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment